There might be a few possible issues. Here are some fixes:
- Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer as your browser. This may likely fix the problem. Here is a link to the free download http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html.
- If you are using Internet Explorer to view the course page, when you click on the Power Point link, instead of selecting "open" file, choose "save." The file will download to your computer and then you should be able to open it.
- If you are using Internet Explorer to view the course page and when you click on PPT, a blank page opens up, you need to add the LMS (Learning Management System, this is the site you log into to take your classes) to your Internet Explorer's trusted sites. The following article can guide you through adding or removing websites: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Security-zones-adding-or-removing-websites
- If you don't have PowerPoint on the computer that you are using to view the files, you won't be able to view PowerPoint slides unless you have a PPT Viewer. You can download a free PowerPoint Viewer from the Microsoft website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13
- In the case of video that you can't view, try changing the browser, or you may not have a media player installed, you can download a free media player:
- Microsoft Media Player: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-media-player
- Apple QuickTime: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
- VLC Media Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- RealPlayer: http://www.real.com/realplayer